Share this on...

Erectile Dysfunction is the inability to sprout and sustain an erection. However, with several remedies now available there is really no reason...




About Erectile Dysfunction

Erectile Dysfunction also known as ED is defined as the inability to sprout, maintain or sustain an erection. This sexual health issue may be just a temporary occurrence or it could be a symptom of something bigger. Whichever way, with so many possible ways to take care of ED today, there is really no reason not to take action about it. It does not make sense just to sit there, hoping it will go away by itself. Your job as a man is to make sure she doesn't need another man.

The real danger posed to any man by erectile dysfunction is that it degrades the quality of a man's life by negatively impacting his self-confidence and self-esteem. These in turn equally affect his relationship with his family and friends, and more importantly his sexual partner. Erectile dysfunction affects most men at one time or another in their life and the probability of its occurrence grows with age.

A 1999 survey conducted by the National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NAMCS) reported that 22 out of every 1000 men sought help for ED. That is 2% of the population! And almost 50% of men between the ages of 40 and 70 experience difficulties sprouting and maintaining an erection. The first important factor is to determine whether the dysfunction is caused by physical or emotional issues.

The only way to test if the problem is physical or psychological is to first eliminate the physical diseases that could cause ED. While approximately 70% of ED cases are physiological, the other 30% are caused by psychological factors. These factors include, but are not limited to stress, depression, and loss of self-worth. This sort of dysfunction starts with the brain.

The majority of long-term erection difficulties are caused by some sort of physical ailment. The most common are vascular disease (the hardening of arteries), certain types of prescription drugs, and fatigue. These are just a few in a long list of causes. With these type of causes, blood is unable to surge into and remain in the penis to make it turgid.

As mentioned earlier, ED may be either long-lasting or temporary. Either way, it is an embarrassing sexual health issue that can be easily prevent. There are different methods to cure erectile dysfunction, both medical and non-medical. It is however important to remember that whatever treatment adopted should be supported with a healthy lifestyle. Drugs, alcohol and smoking play a part in ED.

Medication prescribed by a doctor is common, either oral or injected directly into the penis. Medications like Viagra have helped thousands of men across the country, but also have adverse side effects including nausea and dizziness and are incompatible with certain medications. They must be taken about an hour before sex is possible. Surgery is another method, but is expensive with a long recuperation period. Surgery involves prosthetic implants, or a pump inserted into the genital area that the male would have to pump before Sexual Intercourse.

Therapy, penis pumps, and herbal supplements are three non-medical methods of curing ED. Therapy, with a registered sex therapist or other mental health professional, is quite effective in cases of psychological-caused ED, but not in physical cases. Therapy tends to be a long process, and some men are embarrassed to talk at length about their sexual problems. Penis pumps are used by inserting the penis into a tube and using a pump until erection is achieved, at which point a ring is rolled onto the base of the penis to keep the erection hard. It works, but the pump must be used each time before intercourse and does not address the real problem, only acting as a temporary fix.

A safe and easy method is herbal supplements, like VigRX Plus™. These supplements are made from organically-produced plants known for their aphrodisiacal qualities that have been used for hundreds of years in different parts of the world. Herbal supplements are completely free of side effects and deliver quick results. The user can stop the treatment at any time with no adverse effects. Herbal supplements not only address the physical, but the psychological factors as well, as it increases libido.

Remember, your job as a man is to make sure she doesn't need another man. It is also important to talk to your doctor before undergoing any type of treatment.


© Jay Onwukwe


Share this on...